Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Trees...You Are Strong, But Not Strong Enough!!


Trees are strong. They fight winter and fall. Strong enough to stay rigid and not move. Only their shadows move. Their leaves fall, but they never fall. In the summer, they protect us from the sun, keep us cool, and in the spring, they are colorful and beautiful .
Changing Perspectives               
         
         I don’t like them, though. I want to be under the sun. I cut them to make a chair or a table. I move them away to build concrete houses. I burn them to get warm. I leave them without water, so they are not strong enough  to stay where they are. I decide whether I want them to stay or not. I am sorry, trees. You are strong, but not strong enough.


1 comment:

  1. Oh what a beautiful photo of the trees in front of the Language Institute! They don't have any red leaves on them now. I appreciate the two different perspectives of these trees. I wish we all felt the admiration for them that you expressed in your first paragraph.

    ReplyDelete